The studio calendar runs from mid-August through May each school year. Students who join the studio at other times will have their tuition prorated accordingly.
The tuition rates are determined based on a calendar of 36 weekly private lessons & activities from August to May. The 2017-18 schedule will include 34 private lessons and 2 studio recitals. Tuition is a reservation for a lesson-time in the studio year, and not a weekly lesson fee. Total tuition is divided into equal monthly installments.
Thereby, make-up lessons at another time are not included in this agreement. Some flexibility of lesson-times may be arranged at the end of each semester. (see “makeup lesson day” below.)
2018-2019 TUITION AND FEES
- A $25 registration fee is due at the time of enrollment for new students and thereafter in each semester for returning students. The fee will be used to confirm the lesson-time, and for the assignment and work materials produced for each student.
- Tuition is divided into equal monthly installments.
40min lessons – $95/monthly
Tuition will be due on the first of each month. There will be a $15.00 fee if payment is not made by the 10th of each month. There is a $20.00 fee for any returned checks. Currently the studio accepts check or cash payments only. All fees paid are non-refundable.
Attendance & Make-up Lessons
– Since regular attendance is essential to musical growth, a commitment to lessons for the duration of the term is expected when a student enrolls. There can be no tuition deduction or reimbursement for missed lessons.
– Please be on time for your lesson. If you are late, extra time will not be given.
– Missed Lessons: Because specific times are set aside for specific students, a student who does not attend a lesson will simply miss the benefit of that lesson. There are no refunds, discounts or makeups given unless I am unable to teach the promised number of lessons.
– “Makeup Lesson day” – However, at the end of each semester, I open one day for those who missed lesson during semester. If you missed a lesson and would like to makeup, you can use that day.
Photo and Video Release Form
From time to time I use photos and short videos of my students on the studio’s website and Facebook page. These videos and posts are helpful to other teachers and much appreciated. If you do not want your child’s image(s) to be used, please let me know. In general, the students love to see their pictures and videos on my website or YouTube. They find it motivating and exciting to think that others want to know what they are learning. The students are identified only by first name.
Termination of Lessons
I request that parents give two weeks advance notice before the end of the term to terminate lessons. Failure to notify will result in being billed for an additional two lessons. If I must dismiss a student in the middle of the term for reasons stated above, I will charge for one lesson from the date of dismissal, and issue a refund for those remaining.
- Students should remove their shoes and quietly enter the studio.
- If a lesson is in progress upon your arrival, please make as little noise or disruption as possible so as not to disturb the student at the piano.
- Students and parents, please wait, quietly, in my waiting area.
- During the time that I am working with your child, please allow my full attention to be on the lesson and my interaction with your child without parental or sibling distraction.
- No texting or phone calls during lessons – cell phones and other electronic devices should be OFF in the studio.
- No food, gum, or drink is allowed at the studio.
- Please bring books, notebooks, and all additional instructional materials to lesson.
- Nails should be trimmed and maintained short enough to allow for the development of optimal hand position.
- The front door must be closed – do not stand in the open door or run in and out leaving the door open.
It is my sincerest hope that you understand the necessity of establishing a LESSON POLICY.
If you have questions regarding this policy don’t hesitate to ask.
Welcome to the Studio,